National Conference to address child and youth homelessness - IT's TIME
24th and 25th of July, 2023
Shape the future of children and young people in Australia – join the 2023 national conference on child and youth homelessness.
How do we address child and youth homelessness in Australia once and for all?
Lobby federal, state, and territory governments to commit to a national joint plan to address child and youth homelessness.
WHY ATTEND the NCHYC2023?
The incidence of children and young people needing and seeking help from homelessness services has not reduced significantly since the Rudd government in 2008 committed to halving homelessness by 2020. All governments since have failed to take responsibility or meaningful action on this issue. The existing approach has not been able to reduce the incidence of homelessness nor guarantee to every child and young person who experiences homelessness a changed life course. There is a compelling case for reform but, what could a reformed system look like?
The time for waiting is over. It's time that the Australian government committed to developing a national plan to address child and youth homelessness. This conference will mobilise a collective commitment to developing a joint government-NGO strategy to address child and youth homelessness nationally.
At NCYHC you will:
- Engage with Ministers, senior practitioners and policy makers on the emerging ideas in homelessness services.
- Join others in exploring how it is you can become part of a movement which calls on the Australian government to resource the development of a joint Government/NGO national plan to address child and youth homelessness.
- Deepen your own knowledge base on child and youth homelessness.
- Attend alongside young people with lived experience, CEOs, program managers, case workers and more - this conference is for all levels of experience and not exclusive to only a few.
- Foster networks and connections with people in all areas of children and youth homelessness including nonprofits, government, philanthropy, educators, academics and more.
- Contribute your own knowledge, ideas and experiences.
- Actively participate in sessions - this is not just a talking conference.
Registrations now open
Australia urgently needs a plan to address child and youth homelessness once and for all.
Speakers and Presenters
Adongwot 'AD' Manyoul
Dr. Jess Heerde
University of Melbourne
CEO Kids Under Cover
Associate Professor - University of Tasmania
Youth, Inclusion and Diversity Advocate
CEO Brisbane Youth Services
CEO Youth Development Australia and National Youth Commission
More speakers to be announced
To be announced